Inset Clay Pendant
Create unique pendants from your small undrilled treasures!
Supplies for one clay inset pendant
Your oven safe treasure (example above uses shark tooth)
Start with clean hands and work area. A good work surface for this project includes wax paper and metal baking sheet.
1. Pinch off desired amount of polymer clay.
2. Knead the clay until soft and pliable.
3. Form the clay into desired shape. If you are using more than one color of clay it is a good idea to wash hands between colors.
4. Carefully press your oven safe treasure into the clay deep enough to be held in the clay.
5. Place your design on the wax paper on a metal baking sheet and poke a hole through your clay where you would like your jumpring. You can use an awl, bamboo skewer, toothpick etc.
6. Bake in oven preheated to 275 degrees fahrenheit for 30 minutes per 1/4 inch thickness.
7. Allow design to cool before adding your jumpring.
You now have a unique, hopefully beautiful ('m sure it is), pendant!